Last evening I had big plans to finish a sweater I am knitting for my daughter for Christmas. I have what seems like an endless amount of creating to do before the big man in red arrives and I just needed to finish something — ANYTHING — to give me some good energy. The sweater needed the sleeves and the collar so I set myself a goal of at least getting the sleeves done and then this happened:
Oh, I know he looks all cute now but last night he didn’t want to go to sleep — not even sit on the couch and snuggle while watching Mythbusters and Top Chef — so my knitting was severely hampered. I did manage to get almost an entire sleeve done but upon closer inspection I realized I missed some decreases and the whole thing had to be ripped out. Have I mentioned the sweater is knit with pom-pom novelty yarn? Yeah, fun.
I decided this morning, maybe I need a list so I can really get my head around what I need to finish and if I share it, you all might feel better. You can go through the next 11 day — yikes! — thinking, I have a lot to do, but I’m not as insane as that Mama Urchin, lady. So, for your mental health, here it is:
- Finish Katrina’s Sweater – sleeves and collar
- Finish Dad’s Scarf – it’s about half done now but I discovered yesterday I can knit this while following Tristan around
- Start and Finish a Knit for my Mom – She reads this blog so no specifics but I think it should be quick
- Start and Finish a Non-Knit for my Mom – Ditto above
- Start and Finish a Knit for my Sister – Also a reader, I’m not so sure how quick this will be
- Finish a Non-Knit for my Sister-in-law – Should also be quick
- Finish Tristan’s Hat – This will be the first thing to fall by the wayside
- I forgot Knit and Felt a Little Pea for Tristan – Inspired by this
And that doesn’t include the remaining gifts to be bought and the wrapping and have I mentioned Stefan’s entire family is arriving on Christmas and my brother is getting married the next weekend? One may wonder why I am sitting here typing at all?