We’re in the upstairs hallway today. I’ve had a display of photos in a variety of black frames here for a few years. But, they hadn’t been updated in a while — notice not a single photo of Tristan is displayed. So that’s something I’m working on this week. I don’t know about you but this seemingly simple task can be sort of daunting to me. I have trouble figuring out who to put where and then I inevitably print all the photos I want and then I don’t like the way they look. So, I thought of a solution.
The first thing I did was add a bunch of frames to the display so I could still have a good variety. Next I took the photo you see above. I brought the photo into my image editing software — PhotoShop in my case but I think almost any other image editing software would work. I whited out the frames where I want to add or change a photo. Some I knew I wanted to keep as they are.
After I did that I had a much clearer picture of what I wanted in each frame. The next thing I did was add some notes.
Now I knew that I needed three individual shots of each of the kids, plus one of our niece and one of our good friends’ kids. I also need to find three of Katie and Tristan together as well as a couple of family ones. So the next step was to identify the photos I wanted to include and then to scale them down to put over the white areas. This is really great because I can see how the wall is shaping up, plus I can also show the draft of the wall to Stefan without printing all the photos.
So far I’m liking how it’s looking. I still need to figure out which photos to use in a few more spots — the hard part is narrowing down the photos. By the way, if you look close you will see a few more shots from our recent photo session with Nichole.